Interior Thermal Imaging
Selman Home Inspection offers residential thermal imaging with our Five Star Inspections at no additional cost. Adding thermal infrared to your home inspection provides a higher level of thoroughness you can’t get from other companies. Using our high tech Flir i7 Infrared Camera, we are capable of inspecting residential real estate to find hidden defects that can not be seen with human eyes. We find hidden defects that others miss using infrared technology!
An infrared inspection can identify and document moisture penetration, water leaks, energy loss, missing insulation, overheating electrical, unwanted temperature anomalies and more.
Infrared Thermal Inspections Detect Energy Loss
- heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors;
- damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems;
- air-conditioning duct leaks;
- under-fastening and/or missing framing members, and other structural defects that can lead to energy loss; and
- broken seals in double-paned windows
Thermal Imaging Detects Moisture Intrusion
- plumbing leaks;
- hidden roof leaks that can cause serious damage;
- missing, damaged and/or wet insulation; and
- water and moisture intrusion around penetrations and at the foundation and building envelope that could lead to structural damage and mold.
Thermal Imaging Detects Hot Spots & Overheating
- circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement;
- overloaded and undersized circuits;
- overheated electrical equipment and components and electrical faults that can cause a fire.
Additionally, based on the color gradients that thermal images provide, our Inspectors can locate:
- possible pest infestation, as revealed by energy loss through shelter tubes left by boring wood-destroying insects;
- the presence of intruders, such as rats, mice and other larger pests hiding within the structure and detected because of their heat signature that the IR camera captures; and
- dangerous flue leaks, which can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning of the home’s residents.
Thermal Infrared Inspections
Whether you are buying a home, selling a home or just want to learn more about your real estate investment for making improvements, Selman Home Inspections Thermal Imaging finds what other inspectors miss.